The Nordic Barista Cup 2004 Iceland written test
National Team: __________________________________________
1. The coffee cherries are best harvested when they are:
2. What is the two most common species of the coffee plant?
3. How many beans are there in a cherry?
4. Describe the differences in taste between washed and unwashed coffee
5. How much does an exported coffee bag normally weight?
6. Name three regional coffees from Africa.
7. Name three regional coffees from Indonesia.
8. Name three regional coffees from Central America.
9. How much coffee does a Mexican person consume pr. year?
10. How much coffee does a Nordic person in average consume pr. year?
11. Your tongue can identify 4 different tastes; which ones?
12. Name 5 aromas which you can sense by the smell of coffee.
13. What is the correct water temperature when brewing drip coffee?
14. What is the correct water temperature when you make espresso?
15. When cooling down espresso for cold drinks, what in your opinion is the best way of preserving the coffee flavors and aromas?
16. What are the difference between single filter and double filter (name two)?
17. Describe the perfect espresso in your opinion.
18. Describe the perfect cappuccino in your opinion.
19. The two beautiful Queens in the North are coming to visit the Nordic Barista Cup, The Queen of Greenland and the Queen of Faeroe Islands. They are desperate for cup of coffee
What would you recommend?